Subject: Re: Release WHEN
From: [email-masked] (Adam Ives Chrystie)
To: Don Bayless <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 1995 13:00:35 -0700

At 12:20 PM 8/19/95 -0700, Don Bayless wrote:
>Can any of you informed types maybe tell me when NewTek is gonna release
>4.0... I'm tired of the same ol "In the next 2 weeks" from NewTek....
>
>
>[email-masked]
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>       Don Bayless
>     Arion Software
>  [email-masked]
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 I am not a NewTek worker so this is not official..I would say 4-8 more
weeks more. Yup it is probably finished right now..I saw some versions at
Siggraph that had ALL SORTS of features that my 4.0 pre-release did not
have!!! And if they need to test these unmentioned features..Then, I am GLAD
to WAIT.
Among these features were: Glow Button, some shader plugins, penello
plug-in, a new anime-shader plugin (no one would comment if it would be
included or not)..and the ability to cut/paste numeric data between
requestors (YES!!THANX!), A more complete IK screen with more features, the
ability to render to full screen or to graphics card..duno what it was
doing...there is probably more too

 Also i heard that almost all the old A-REXX macros would be
included...Furthermore, the manuals supposedly are WAY better so all you
newbies should be happier. IT'S no fair!! I stressed out with the original
manuals ;)..but i've yet to see a really good manual..save for PhotoShop oh
an uh Windoze NT ;)...So lets see how John Gross is at writing manuals...wow
whatta headache of a job..I've been there John!!

  So, lets hope they are rereading everything and checking everything twice
(like santa)..then we'll have no or only a few bug complaints. 

  Also, remeber Allen and Stuart ported LW and updated it to what.. 4
platforms!!!! Shit, give them a round of applause!!! HEY if you two are
readin, I was the guy with the arm cast who met you back stage at the wavies
:). We shoud send them some wine bottles or something!!! NewTek, make a PO
box for those guys!! 

 Also, if you went to siggraph..you might have noticed the lack of
TOASTER/PC exhibitions...Yup, i guess it wasn;t fully ready for show...use
your noggins..newtek probably piled alot of research in to the PC toaster
and it ain;t done yet...that's pretty bad news sales wise..it will take more
effort to get buyer's attention since it wasn;t showing (at least when i was
there)..the flier was also not a major exhibit..SO what am i gettting at???
Most likely, NewTek will ship to stores before they ship out orders to
Pre-Release owners. Why? The stores are paying mulla now..mulla which newtek
probably needs..It's all economics...i am sure if they were in a stronger
position that they would not shine off pre-release people before the
stores..buttt i am just making a shipment scenerio based on an assumed
finicial position. In this event, pre-release owners would probably get
their copies 2-3 weeks after stores receive LW..

Now, watch this! Some joker at NewTek is gonna see this message and delay my
order as a practical joke..sheeshhh. So, I hope this quells some of the
impatient mouths/fingers out there...just be patient..
I know it is hard...I've got the itch too!!

GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT....  :)

Adam
-----------------------------------------------------------
Adam Chrystie [email-masked]
Cinema/Video Major, Senior
University Of California at Santa Cruz
------------------------------------------------------------

--
[email-masked] (Adam Ives Chrystie) sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]